Monday, December 22, 2008

The news comes in

Our trip to VSEC. After waiting in the lobby forever, they came to take her back for chemotherapy. I’m about ready to throttle everyone, what are the results? Soon Dr. Heeb came out with the news: Chondroblastic Osteosarcoma. We will be doing a series of four chemo treatments, each three weeks apart. I tried to prepare myself for this, but the punch in the gut still happened. I just sat in the lobby and cried, Tim tried to stay strong for me, but I could tell he was crushed. This sweet girl came over and gave me a hug, “Don’t worry,” she said, “They’ll fix her all up.” What a dear, but unfortunately, that’s not gonna be in the cards.

We went home. I am now numb. Everything is a fog.

Oh, and Tika? She’s just trucking along. A lack of self-awareness is a highly underrated thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment