Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Love hurts

Caya has been having a love affair with a squirrel. Yes, squirrel. Rocky the Squirrel.

Every morning, he waits for her on the fence (I'm just gonna assume it's a 'he', okay?), she runs out and they run back and forth, he on top of the fence her down below.

It's obviously a relationship, her tail wags, he waits for her, they look adoringly into each others eyes. Its been going on for months.

I mention to my husband that we might want to make sure Caya's getting enough attention from us, since she's developed a interspecies relationship.

Well today I let her out, and what does this cruel heartbreaking boy-squirrel do? He brings out his new lady friend. The tramp, sashaying her fluffy little tail and batting her eyes at him so demurely.

So, and honestly, I can't make this stuff up, Caya sees her friend, goes running up, sees the other squirrel (TRAMP!) and just sits down. She looks stunned. The squirrel couple go gallavanting off to the walnut trees to start preparing for their winter love nest.

Caya just sits there staring off after them for a long time, she ignores my calls, then finally comes to me, looking over her shoulder like: "But I WUVED him!" I thought, OMG, I'm going to have to support my DOG through her first break up.

It was funny, it was tragic, it was a bit creepy. So tonight when I let her out, I imagine this will be happening at the base of the walnut tree.

sayanything.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment